Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go to Bottom

Author Topic: GUIDE: How to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 kernel/dashboard using xeBuild GUI  (Read 124194 times)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Ok, since there are lot's of guides, all having different methods out there, i figured i would make an "official" update guide, the tools i make are aimed at making it as simple as possible, yet ppl have trouble understanding lot's of things, and some ppl just do stupid things despite having it all right infront of you in my tools... right, let's get started shall we? :D

** NOTE: This guide is a combined effort of me and Razkar! :D **

First of all you'll want to download xeBuild GUI Version 2.093 (or later)

Step 1) Dumping Your NAND
If you already have a dump of your nand on your computer you can skip this step, however i highly recommend you do this to be safe ;)
  • Using Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.2 (Recommended)
    Show content
    Download and extract Simple 360 NAND Flasher

Start Simple 360 NAND Flasher using any software of your choice (XEXMenu, FSD etc.) you should now see something like this:

Follow the on screen instructions (Press X, the blue button on your controller)
    Once done you'll see a screen looking like this:

• Using Xell (works on all consoles as of XeLL-Reloaded v0.992)
    Show content
    NOTE: I don't recommend using this method because it can lead to errors such as corrupt data due to faulty networking hardware, faulty firewalls and/or faulty antivirus systems... you've been warned!

• Start XeLL on your console and wait for it to fully boot
    • Open your webbrowser (you already have it open seeing as you read this guide but, open a new tab in it or open a new window... which ever you prefer
    • Browse to "http://ip" example: "http://192.168.0.57"
    • Now you should see something like the picture below, click on the button "Download" next to "Raw Flash"

Step 2) Get your CPUKey
Get your CPUKey, there are several methods you can use to do this below i'll show you some of 'em:

If you need an explanation of the xell output check out the picture
Show content

• On Screen (Xell), depending on the version of XeLL you have it may or may not work...
    Show content
    I don't recommend using this method because it's easy to type/read wrong, and it's also not easy to read it out from screen if you don't have xellous or xell-reloaded, Xell and Xellous don't support HDMI cables so if you have an old nand with this in it, then you need to find any other type of cable to get video...

Ok, now you want to learn how to see your CPUKey? take a look at the picture explaining Xell (seen above)

On this picture you see one of my consoles information, in this example picture i'm running Xell-Reloaded, for xell you ONLY have the fuselines output, thus you have to read Lines 03, 04, 05 and 06... just like it says in the picture...

Older versions of XeLL don't support HDMI video cables (XeLL and Xellous)
    XeLL-Reloaded doesn't output video on anything for Corona motherboards (there was a testing version which was never released to the public that supports HDMI output tho)
  • Using network (Knowing the IP)
    Show content
    Just put your consoles IP adress in the box like the picture:

In order for this function to work you will need to start xell, this is done by pressing the eject button when your console is off (NOTE! This behaviour can be changed by settings in xeBuild!)

You can also if you prefer to do this manually open up your webbrowser (or a new tab since you probably already have your browser open) and go to the IP which your console gives you like this: http://192.168.0.57 (as an example)
  • Using network (NOT Knowing the IP)
    Show content
    In the top menu bar find "Tools", on this submenu you'll find "Scan for Xell", click on this and check the settings for the scan (narrow it down as far as you feel is safe, information of the IP range can be found in your routers settings, if you don't know this, just set the scan from 0 to 255 and it'll scan your whole network (it'll take a bit of time, but it'll find it as long as your console responds to ping!)

Please make sure that the Base IP matches the IP of your computers network (if it doesn't, change it or the function will never find your console) The expected data looks similar to the images below, these also show you the areas of interest, meaning where to find the function :)

In order for this function to work you will need to start xell, this is done by pressing the eject button when your console is off (NOTE! This behaviour can be changed by settings in xeBuild!)

• Using Dashlaunch
    Show content
    You can get your Cpu keys on the System Info menu of DashLaunch

• Using XeLL Launch + blaKCat's Customized Xell
    Show content
    Comming soon ;)

If you haven't done so already, load your NAND now in xeBuild GUI (if you dumped this will be "flashdmp.bin")!

Step 3) Verify the CPUKey
Once you have your CPU Key, use the check KV feature to be sure, your key is the correct one for the selected image
NOTE: This step isn't supported for 4GB corona consoles untill i release version 3.0
Show content
if you get an error simply doublecheck your cpukey since this is the most common reason for an error message with this function ;)

Step 4) Check your settings
Now you will want to make sure all the settings are correct for your console
  • General settings
    Show content
    xeBuild GUI have functions built in to do all of this for you (identify motherboard, hack etc.) however, i recommend that you doublecheck that the settings are correct for your console below is a little
    table with CB versions and what hack/motherboard it belongs to :)

MotherboardJTAGRGH 1.xRGH 2.0RGX/DGX (RGH2.0 Freeboot)Notes
    Xenon1888, 1902, 1903, 1920, 1921, 81921923, 1940, 7375N/AN/ARGH 1.x on Xenon really isn't optimized much, it's meant for you to get your DVDKey if you lost it, nothing more...
    Zephyr4558, 4570, 4571, 45804571, 4572, 4578, 45794559, 4560, 4575, 45774561, 4562, 4569, 4574Some Zephyrs may require you to use Falcon CB's to be compatible, some require special treatments... if it doesn't work with zephyr, try Falcon!
    Falcon5760, 5761, 5766, 577057715772, 57735774RGH 2.0 can be very difficult to optimize
    Jasper6712, 67236750, 67516752, 67536754RGH 2.0 can be very difficult to optimize
    TrinityN/A9188, 923092309231Trinity is really RGH 2.0 but it was released with the first 1.0 series so i've decided to leave it at that, for ECC i recommend using RGH 1.x coz of the scripts used atm, should work fine with 2.0 aswell tho but no garantess are made!
    CoronaN/AN/A13121, 1318013181, 13182Can be a bit difficult to get stable...

• Specific information for JTAG
    Show content
    For JTAG users you must know which SMC hack was used (how your console was solderd) if you don't know this the GUI is able to partially figure this out for you if you give it a dump which you recently dumped (that's why i recommend dumping your nand first!)

I say it'll partially figure it out for you because if you have a Cygnos SMC i can't tell if it's v2 for Zephyrs, and well a retail nand (your original dump) won't contain any of this information!
  • Specific information for Slim (Trinity and Corona)
    Show content
    Some consoles require the nofcrt patch to be active (if you lost your fcrt.bin or simply switched drives)

HOWEVER! if you have a 1175 (possibly the same with 1532?) Liteon drive, this patch makes the DVD unable to read discs, which is why it's optional, otherwise it would've been embedded in the patches to limit user errors ;)
  • Specific information for Corona with 4GB Internal memory
    Show content
    Since you have a 4GB console i'm going to go all out and guess you didn't know how this works, it's quite simple to add Corona4G support for xeBuild GUI, however it does require you to edit a few things and requires some special settings (untill i've released xeBuild GUI 3.0)

NOTE: You'll get alot of warnings about size beeing incorrect, just press No on every question and ignore it... if you press Yes it'll just fail verifications anyways... so don't ;)

The settings you need are:
    • Build Type: Freeboot (RGH 2.0)
    • Motherboard: Corona
    • Advanced Mode: Enabled
    • Failsafe: Disabled
    • Open Parameter/Argument Editor prior to starting xeBuild/Python: Checked

Here's a screenshot of these settings:

And of course you have to feed the app the 1BLKey which is "DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA", you also have to feed it your CPUKey

Once you click on Generate you'll be presented with a window that looks something like the screenshot below, what you need to do is add "4g" to "corona" like i've done in the screenshot, after that you need to press the save button :)

Before you continue, also check the output path!

Step 5) Build the nand
Now we are ready to build the new image, simply press "Generate hacked image" (the big button near the bottom)
If the button is greyed out like in the screenshots check the bottom row indicating "Current status:" this will aid you in checking what is wrong (what information is missing)
« Last Edit: 01 July 2014 à 21:57:21 by Swizzy »
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
Finalizing the update
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2012 à 12:36:35 »

Step 6) Flash your nand
Once you have your nand freshly builded, you can flash it to your xbox, there is several way :
  • Using Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.2 (works with all motherboard models)
    Show content
    Put your nand in the same folder as you have Simple 360 NAND Flasher and make sure the name of the file is "updflash.bin" then simply start it up and follow on screen instructions

NOTE: If you didn't dump your nand as i recommended earlier perform a SAFE flash, this will dump your nand before it writes the new image giving you something to go back to if something went wrong!
  • Using XeLL (Corona motherboards aren't fully supported)
    Show content
    Place your nand at the root of a usbkey named 'updflash.bin' and start your console on XeLL (generally by pressing eject).

• Using RawFlash (Corona motherboards aren't fully supported)
    Show content
    If your XeLL is to old and don't work, you can also use rawflash : Place the xenon.elf from the archive at the root of a usb key and the nand you want to flash next to it named 'nandflash.bin

Step 7) Verifying kernel version
Now you want to check that you wrote the correct image to your console and that it boots properly
  • Using NXE
    Show content
    On the NXE go on System-> System settings -> System Infos -> at top right, you will see your Kernel version 2.0.xxxxx.0

You now have to download the official system update corresponding to your kernel version (to install Avatar/Kinect support), in this case  it's 16202
  • Using FSD/F3/Freestyle Dash
    Show content
    On the credits screen you can see your dash version

You can also use the F3 plugin and your webbrowser : enter the IP adress of your console and use port 9999. For example : http://192.168.0.13:9999

• Using Dashlaunch
    Show content
    Under the Console information menu, you can get your cpu key and everywhere in dashlaunch, at the right bottom you can see your dash version

Step 8) Installing the Avatar Data
NOTE: You may have to launch something in order to get the prompt to update! (2.0.16197.0 and higher requires this)
  • Preparing the Memory
    • Using xeBuild GUI
      Show content
      NOTE: This method requires that you etheir have systemupdate blocking disabled in dashlaunch or having this memory connected during startup!

First things first, you'll need to download the update, that is done on the "Download" tab, select the kernel version you want to download the update for then simply click on "Download Avatar update" the GUI will now automatically download the file linked by the xml file, once done it'll verify the downloaded file by a MD5 hash (also stored in the xml file) if the box "MD5 Matches" indicates "True" like in the picture below you can proceed, otherwise try again or try download manually ;))

Now that you have the update it's time to prepare a USB stick to install the data on your console, this is a pretty simple thing to do, but i've implemented a feature that allows you to do all of it with the click of a button or 2 ;) select your memory in the dropdown list "USB Drive" and you'll be able to proceed, if your memory isn't listed press "Update drive list", if it still isn't listed check "Include Harddrives" and it should be listed. Once you've selected device simply click on "Prepare drive" and it'll unpack the update (after another round of verifications!) the picture below show you all of these buttons outlined ;)

• Using x360UpdateToolbox
      Show content
      Comming soon ;)
    • Manually
      Show content
      Comming soon ;)
      HERE you can find all updates :D
  • Installing the update
    Show content
    Now just plug your USB Memory into your console and start it up, if you want you can also put your usb in later on (however! if you have update blocking enabled in dashlaunch, which it is by default) you have to rename the update folder to $$ystemUpdate rather then $SystemUpdate

Your console should now prompt you to install a system update, simply accept it and it'll install the files to you memory device NOTE: If you try to install a newer dashboard version then is on your motherboard you will etheir end up with an error screen OR you will re-write your nand!!! so please doublecheck version before installing!!!

Once you've installed the update your console should restart and you should now have avatars like this:

Special information for Kinect users
Show content
Your kinect might need to be updated aswell, to do this all you have to do is run the avatar update described above with your Kinect connected, if you do this all at once you'll first be asked to update your console, after reboot you'll be asked to update your device (kinect), simply accept it and your kinect firmware should be updated to latest version!

If you have never used your kinect (a.k.a. bought a brand new one) you'll be asked to update aswell, same as above^ ;)
« Last Edit: 03 December 2012 à 23:49:28 by Swizzy »
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2012 à 23:37:21 »

Common Errors/Problems:
  • Don't get request to install update when trying to install Avatar/Kinect stuff
    Show content
    You MUST have a storage device connected to your console to store this part of the update on, that's why you have to do it manually, it cannot be included in the nand because it's to big... 100+MB of data don't fit within a 16MB flash ;)

Try a different USB Memory, some might not work as expected even tho they should... if all else fails:

Read the guide once more, follow it cloesly... if all else fails, ask a friend, or ask here... but please, doublecheck that you read ALL steps above first!!
  • E52/E56 or black screen after successful glitch
    Show content
    You might have a problem with FCRT.bin beeing corrupt/missing if your screen is black after successful glitch try starting with a network cable connected, that might show you etheir E52 or E56 which should be easily fixable by checking the box "Disable FCRT.bin check"

NOTE: This will cause games to NOT work with 1175 and 1532 Liteon Drives
  • E79
    Show content
    This error can be caused by MANY things, some of the common errors are:
    • Bad Blocks: Simply remap your badblocks (google it)
    • Wrong SMC-Hack (JTAG only): Check with whoever did your install what SMC was used, or make sure you select "Current" as SMC type to use...
  • I Can start XeLL But not the normal dashboard
    Show content
    This can happen due to many things:
    • Badblocks: Remap them manually! (enter advanced mode, check the box to use xeBuild Settings and make sure that anything related to "remap" is checked in the xeBuild tab that appears) if you get an error about LBA from xebuild try checking "Extract vital files (KV/SMC/SMC_Config/FCRT)" and build again
    • Write error: Try using a different usb memory or something else to write from (you will have to use rawflash/xell to flash now!)
  • Unable to play games from the DVD (Slim only)
    Show content
    Check the information for E52/E56, the fix for that will also be likely to fix this issue for you (it's a common problem when the drive was flashed before iXtreme LTU (and it beeing 1175, 1532 or one of the hitachi's) it's caused by FCRT.bin not matching the drive data (due to using donor files for that)
« Last Edit: 23 May 2013 à 21:10:20 by Swizzy »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
Reserved post
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2012 à 23:37:43 »

Reserved post for future updates...

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Hi,

I try to update my Xbox Glitch BUT I get some issue...

To explain quickly, I get a Kinect for XMas, so I would like to update my Xbox Glitch...

I successfully flash my NAND to V.2.0.16202, When I check in system parameters, I can see:

DashBoard: 2.0.16202
Kernel: 2.0.16202

...So I assume that NAND's update is OK BUT when I plug my Kinect, I get an information windows which inform me that I require an update (Only OK as choice).

I've copied update 16202 on my USB Key and tried to update BUT NOTHING happen, no window which ask me for update.

I've tried:

- Copy all the update files on the USB Root >> Nothing happen!
- Get all files in "$Systemupdate" >> Nothing happen!
- Get all files in "$$ystemupdate" >> Nothing happen!
- Desactivate option which block updates in Dash Launch >> Still Nothing!!

I can try to plug my USB Key in all USB Port OR before starting the console OR with console already started,....etc BUT still no windows which appear for update.

Any idea to help me to solve the problem?!

Thanks in advance for support

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile

I've copied update 16202 on my USB Key and tried to update BUT NOTHING happen, no window which ask me for update.

Please check out your Dash Launch Configuration.

...So I assume that NAND's update is OK BUT when I plug my Kinect, I get an information windows which inform me that I require an update (Only OK as choice).

I Think you need The Kinect Drivers. You can install the Kinnect Driver from an Kinect
Game DVD.

greets.

« Last Edit: 06 January 2013 à 01:00:04 by Dr.Gonzo »

DLink DIR-825 B1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 Build 10-12-12-r20119
Netgear WNDR3700 V1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 Build 06-14-11-r17201

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

This is a 16k+ dash problem, what you need to do is start any game/app or whatever once you've started with the usb stick, or plug it in after you've started...

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

This is a 16k+ dash problem, what you need to do is start any game/app or whatever once you've started with the usb stick, or plug it in after you've started...

I also test to insert an original DVD which require Kinect with the USB Plugged...the update has start, from the USB key (because I've seen the USB Key binking) BUT when I restart the console, I get again the same windows (only with OK) and when I launch Official dashboard, I get a message about corrupted file...then I get a rebbot AND now, If I insert the Kinect game (original) the game is Launching BUT Kinect don't seems to be recognize (as I can't calibrate it...I get the Windows which told me to instal driver for Kinect)
« Last Edit: 06 January 2013 à 13:18:28 by dave chante pas »

Razkar

• View Profile

Did you do the avatar update?

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I download the "2.0.16202.0+Avatar" update thru XeBuild AND also the "SystemUpdate_16202_USB"  from M$ site BUT i don't remember which version was on the USB key ...

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

I download the "2.0.16202.0+Avatar" update thru XeBuild AND also the "SystemUpdate_16202_USB"  from M$ site BUT i don't remember which version was on the USB key ...

When you ran the update did you have your kinect connected at the same time?

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Kinect Connected yes (in one of the front USB port)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

What was the name of the update folder when you updated?
Are you 100% sure ALL files are on the memory? (how much space does it have left?)
What settings did you have in dashlaunch?
Have you tried unloading dashlaunch and running the update? (do this with the installer)

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

What was the name of the update folder when you updated?

I've tried $SystemUpdate and $$ystemUpdate

Are you 100% sure ALL files are on the memory? (how much space does it have left?)

You mean on the USB Key?
I assume yes...size is around 146Mo

What settings did you have in dashlaunch?

I have tried with "Noupdate" activate and desactivate

Have you tried unloading dashlaunch and running the update? (do this with the installer)

How should I do this?

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Download the latest dashlaunch installer, press RB untill you see a unload button, click on that and try to update =)

By size you mean free space with the update? or?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go to Top
emails