Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go to Bottom

Author Topic: GUIDE: How to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 kernel/dashboard using xeBuild GUI  (Read 327016 times)

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

By size you mean free space with the update? or?

I mean size of the update 16202 on the usb Key

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

I mean size of the update 16202 on the usb Key

http://f4.s.qip.ru/2yrTYRVS.jpg <--- this is what it should be
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I get exactly the same ;)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

then there is nothing with the files missing or something...

Did you try to unload dashlaunch?
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I'va already tried by unloading dashlaunch but nothing change.

I've just discovered one thing:

IF I try to launch XexMenu or an orignal DVD WITH the USB Key plugged, USB Key Led start to blink and then I get a window which inform me that the disc is not readable.
If I try the same thing w/o the USB key, the game or XexMenu is launching....

Is this ok:

« Last Edit: 06 January 2013 à 17:26:48 by dave chante pas »

dave chante pas

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Problem solved!

I simply replace mu USB Stick by a bigger one (first was 256Mb the 2nd one 4Gb)

koween

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Hello. I'm having a silly problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have a 16mb RGH Jasper. Current dash is 14719. Everything works in xebuild, but the problem I'm having is that it's output is an .ecc file, not .bin. Either I can't grasp how this is done, or I've missed a setting or something like that. The fact that it's currently 3 o'clock in the morning doesn't help either :) I've tried googling the problem, but it seems to me that .ecc files are only needed when RGH'ing a console. Please advise.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Hello. I'm having a silly problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have a 16mb RGH Jasper. Current dash is 14719. Everything works in xebuild, but the problem I'm having is that it's output is an .ecc file, not .bin. Either I can't grasp how this is done, or I've missed a setting or something like that. The fact that it's currently 3 o'clock in the morning doesn't help either :) I've tried googling the problem, but it seems to me that .ecc files are only needed when RGH'ing a console. Please advise.

You should select Freeboot, not ECC ;) (xeBuild GUI doesn't select that automatically if you manually type in the cpukey, and load a retail nand)

koween

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Wow, thank you. I thought it was something as simple as that, but didn't want to mess with settings I didn't completely understand.

wilsondtm

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Hi there, thanks for this in-depth detailed tutorial. It's easy to follow.
However, I'm got some question regarding my CPU key which I obtained through System Info menu in Dashlaunch 3.04.
I've noticed that my CPU key is short of 1 character (only have 31 characters which, normally from what I've read about it, it should be 32 characters).
When I'm enter my CPU key in XeBuild GUI v2.089, it pop-up "Error: Invalid Input - to short".
I've checked it over again & again. But it does shows only 31 characters in Dashlaunch. (too bad I unable to screen shot it)
I'm not a noob, I've used to did this for my other RGH 'PHAT' consoles.
Currently I'm on Xbox Slim Corona V2 (4GB). Just kinda strange & wonder why my CPU key is short of 1 character.
Though, as I'm googling around, there is no information on this.
Hopes able to get some input from you.
Thanks again for this nice tutorial. Cheers.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Hi there, thanks for this in-depth detailed tutorial. It's easy to follow.
However, I'm got some question regarding my CPU key which I obtained through System Info menu in Dashlaunch 3.04.
I've noticed that my CPU key is short of 1 character (only have 31 characters which, normally from what I've read about it, it should be 32 characters).
When I'm enter my CPU key in XeBuild GUI v2.089, it pop-up "Error: Invalid Input - to short".
I've checked it over again & again. But it does shows only 31 characters in Dashlaunch. (too bad I unable to screen shot it)
I'm not a noob, I've used to did this for my other RGH 'PHAT' consoles.
Currently I'm on Xbox Slim Corona V2 (4GB). Just kinda strange & wonder why my CPU key is short of 1 character.
Though, as I'm googling around, there is no information on this.
Hopes able to get some input from you.
Thanks again for this nice tutorial. Cheers.

Try using Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.3, i think i may know where the problem is... i'll notify cOz and see if i'm right about it...

Anyways, the cpukey should ALWAYS be 32 characters, what i think the problem is that there is a missing 0 somewhere (you may try to add a 0 before each character if you like untill you find where it's missing... but... xD

** edit: **

To be clear i talk about this: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/simple-nand-flasher-1-3-beta-by-swizzy-automatic-mode-added/

it have built in CPUKey extraction, using the same method as Dashlaunch (to aquire the key, in a byte array) it's then converted to a hex string and written to cpukey.txt along with printing to screen/log you should be able to use the cpukey.txt file to get your full cpukey...
« Last Edit: 29 January 2013 à 14:48:18 by Swizzy »

wilsondtm

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Try using Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.3, i think i may know where the problem is... i'll notify cOz and see if i'm right about it...

Anyways, the cpukey should ALWAYS be 32 characters, what i think the problem is that there is a missing 0 somewhere (you may try to add a 0 before each character if you like untill you find where it's missing... but... xD

To be clear i talk about this: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/simple-nand-flasher-1-3-beta-by-swizzy-automatic-mode-added/

it have built in CPUKey extraction, using the same method as Dashlaunch (to aquire the key, in a byte array) it's then converted to a hex string and written to cpukey.txt along with printing to screen/log you should be able to use the cpukey.txt file to get your full cpukey...

Huge thanks for the quick reply with possible solution.
I will definitely try this new version as you suggested then I'm will post back the results/feedback/bugs/problems here.
It is grateful to finally have someone point me to a correct direction since there is no information on the internet regarding this. I've tried refer this issues to several other websites/forums but no useful feedback & most of them replied me in kinda rude way.
Again, thank you very much for replying. Will post result here soon I've try it. Cheers..

wilsondtm

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

First of the most, thanks for your suggestion on using the Simple Nand Flasher 1.3 to retrieve full CPU key.
Now, finally, I'm able to retrieve my full CPU key and finally able to update the dashboard/kernel to latest version (16202).
Just a note, it was the final last character that were missing & not showing up in Dashlaunch 3.04.
In my case, that missing character appear to be number "9".
Still wonder why Dashlaunch 3.04 not showing the full CPU key in my case though.

Just a simple feedback, the Simple Nand Flasher 1.3 works like charm & the Automode is a great addition.
It dump the nand in only 50+ seconds (very fast) whereas the version 1.2 took about 130+ seconds dumping the nand.
So again, thanks for all the simple, yet, useful & handy tools which, of course, created by you.
Huge thanks for the helping & suggestion.  ;)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

First of the most, thanks for your suggestion on using the Simple Nand Flasher 1.3 to retrieve full CPU key.
Now, finally, I'm able to retrieve my full CPU key and finally able to update the dashboard/kernel to latest version (16202).
Just a note, it was the final last character that were missing & not showing up in Dashlaunch 3.04.
In my case, that missing character appear to be number "9".
Still wonder why Dashlaunch 3.04 not showing the full CPU key in my case though.

Just a simple feedback, the Simple Nand Flasher 1.3 works like charm & the Automode is a great addition.
It dump the nand in only 50+ seconds (very fast) whereas the version 1.2 took about 130+ seconds dumping the nand.
So again, thanks for all the simple, yet, useful & handy tools which, of course, created by you.
Huge thanks for the helping & suggestion.  ;)

I know it's probably to late now, but could you take a picture with a regular digital camera, or a cellphone perhaps of Dashlaunch info screen? it'd probably help out quite a bit in finding the bug, it could be that the text field is just to short... or something, i don't know... it should actually display it for you, but for some reason it doesn't :(

Oh... about the speed increase, it's most likely your memories... i know that on internal HDD it's ALOT faster then on usb... and tbh, i haven't changed anything in how it read/write nands :P

Also, thanks for the warm words =) i make these tools primarily because i use them myself on a almost daily basis xD
« Last Edit: 30 January 2013 à 09:37:07 by Swizzy »

wilsondtm

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I know it's probably to late now, but could you take a picture with a regular digital camera, or a cellphone perhaps of Dashlaunch info screen? it'd probably help out quite a bit in finding the bug, it could be that the text field is just to short... or something, i don't know... it should actually display it for you, but for some reason it doesn't :(

Oh... about the speed increase, it's most likely your memories... i know that on internal HDD it's ALOT faster then on usb... and tbh, i haven't changed anything in how it read/write nands :P

Also, thanks for the warm words =) i make these tools primarily because i use them myself on a almost daily basis xD

Thanks again.  ;D
I've attached the screenshot of Dashlaunch for my console (after dashboard/kernel update).
Hope this will help.
« Last Edit: 12 February 2013 à 18:21:15 by wilsondtm »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go to Top