Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go to Bottom

Author Topic: GUIDE: How to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 kernel/dashboard using xeBuild GUI  (Read 342320 times)

haushinka

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I wonder if anyone here could give me a hand. I have what I believe is a falcon xbox (it came up in xebuild as falcon/opus and since I have hdmi I assumed falcon) jtagged with kernal version 2.0.14699.0 and fsd 2.2. I dumped my nand and opened it in xebuild and built my new nand but when I updated my xbox I got the E79 error. I took my nand dump and renamed it updflash.bin and loaded it from xell reloaded and restored to my previous settings. I can't figure out why I can't update though. I'd like to update to the newest dash. I believe it may have something to do with the fact that I'm jtagged and maybe I picked the incorrect smc hack wiring I chose normal smc hack as per xebuild recommendation. I didn't do my jtag but when I had my xbox apart it had two wires and a jumper on top of the board (nothing underneath) and one of the wires went to the board on the front next to the Ring of Light. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

I wonder if anyone here could give me a hand. I have what I believe is a falcon xbox (it came up in xebuild as falcon/opus and since I have hdmi I assumed falcon) jtagged with kernal version 2.0.14699.0 and fsd 2.2. I dumped my nand and opened it in xebuild and built my new nand but when I updated my xbox I got the E79 error. I took my nand dump and renamed it updflash.bin and loaded it from xell reloaded and restored to my previous settings. I can't figure out why I can't update though. I'd like to update to the newest dash. I believe it may have something to do with the fact that I'm jtagged and maybe I picked the incorrect smc hack wiring I chose normal smc hack as per xebuild recommendation. I didn't do my jtag but when I had my xbox apart it had two wires and a jumper on top of the board (nothing underneath) and one of the wires went to the board on the front next to the Ring of Light. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

it started xell still? if so the smc is a-ok, the problem is probably related to a badblock...

Send me your dump and i'll have a look... admin[at]swizzy.se is the e-mail ;)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

haushinka

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Ok thanks a lot. Yeah it did say that I have 8 bad blocks when I dumped it. I've sent it to you. Thanks for the help.

haushinka

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I got such excellent help last time I thought I'd try and ask another question. My last 360 that I had the issues updating with and you helped me out with got an E74 so I went out and got a new RGH Slim. My question is it's a Corona and after reading the few warnings about Corona I thought I would ask before trying to update to make sure it's ok to use XEbuild-Gui 2.09. It's on 16202 and I'd like to update to 16203. I used the hard drive from my last console so I believe dashlaunch is behind and was causing issues with FSD freezing (Only my hypothesis as it worked well with xexmenu). I've decided I should just update everything at once using your GUI. Then re-install FSD. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Swizzy helped me out quite a lot last time.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

I got such excellent help last time I thought I'd try and ask another question. My last 360 that I had the issues updating with and you helped me out with got an E74 so I went out and got a new RGH Slim. My question is it's a Corona and after reading the few warnings about Corona I thought I would ask before trying to update to make sure it's ok to use XEbuild-Gui 2.09. It's on 16202 and I'd like to update to 16203. I used the hard drive from my last console so I believe dashlaunch is behind and was causing issues with FSD freezing (Only my hypothesis as it worked well with xexmenu). I've decided I should just update everything at once using your GUI. Then re-install FSD. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Swizzy helped me out quite a lot last time.

What model of corona is it? there's 2 major types (16MB ones and 4GB ones)

The 4GB ones may have issues if the internal memory is used, might also be caused by other things, such as installation and such... i have a 4GB corona that isn't working atm myself, i just haven't had time to spend on fixing it lately xD
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

haushinka

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I'm not sure which model I have. I kind of got nervous about it all and decided to not try to update it yet. Thanks for the help though.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

I'm not sure which model I have. I kind of got nervous about it all and decided to not try to update it yet. Thanks for the help though.

16MB Coronas are updateable same was as any other... but 4GB corona might have issues with the MU region of it (built in memory unit)

The only "problem" with coronas is that you don't see anything on screen when starting xell...

haushinka

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I'm not sure which I have. I know the guy told me that it was weird that there was no 4GB memory on mine but I don't know if he screwed something up or he didn't know there were 16mb models. I'll have to go home and see if I can access xell tonight. I never tried it since I got the new one. I'm on 16202 but don't know what dashlaunch I have. Should it matter if my dashlaunch isn't right up to date? If it does than maybe I will try to update everything at once, the dashlaunch & 16203.
Thanks for all the help. Would I just need to use the online feature to check for my key if I can't see xell? I guess I would know my ip.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

I'm not sure which I have. I know the guy told me that it was weird that there was no 4GB memory on mine but I don't know if he screwed something up or he didn't know there were 16mb models. I'll have to go home and see if I can access xell tonight. I never tried it since I got the new one. I'm on 16202 but don't know what dashlaunch I have. Should it matter if my dashlaunch isn't right up to date? If it does than maybe I will try to update everything at once, the dashlaunch & 16203.
Thanks for all the help. Would I just need to use the online feature to check for my key if I can't see xell? I guess I would know my ip.

It's probably that you didn't have a HDD in it, and he's used to Trinity or something i guess?

Anyways, as it is right now 16202 will do you fine, you don't need 16203, and you'll have dashlaunch 3.06 i think, i don't think 3.05 supports 16202 (i might remember wrong tho) etheir way, you can just run the installer if you like and it'll tell you which version is currently running and there are no games or so that requires 16203 or higher yet...

haushinka

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Ok thanks for all the help. I'm sure I'll get confused about something again in the future but for now it's mostly making sense to me now.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Ok thanks for all the help. I'm sure I'll get confused about something again in the future but for now it's mostly making sense to me now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8oc403wj1jabht/2013-03-13%2016.34.30.jpg <--- this is a trinity 4GB Module, if the guy that did the mod for you is used to seeing this in 4GB consoles it's only natural that he got confused when going to Corona where it's all built into the motherboard...

phrozenballs

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Many thanks just updated my Jasper BB without any issues and havent looked at an xbox since MW2 . Very easy to do also did the kinect (avatar) update and thats all working fine as well .

thanks again

indecks

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Great tut!

Thanks for the help, but I seem to have run into a snag, I think. After flashing the new firmware, I get no text anywhere. I have a menu, I can load games, etc but I dont see any text.  I downloaded the Avatar update information and prepared my USB drive (it made a $SystemUpdate folder). When I put in the drive and boot the 360 (Falcon/Opus, RGH v1) I get the new menu system, but still no text. And I'm not told to update.

I changed the folder name to $$ystemUpdate and the same thing happened. I tried to run a game with the USB inserted into my system, but I wasn't asked to update. If I remove the USB and reboot the system, I can get back to FSD and whatnot, but I still get no text.

What did I do wrong?

EDIT: I was able to get the update installed. So that's all fine and good. No idea what was happening, but it's working now. I still do not get any text though! It's very strange. I've reinstalled FSD3 a couple of times and even removed what I could from the install directory. It wouldn't let me delete a couple of .db files in the Data/Databases folder though.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2013 à 00:54:28 by indecks »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

That would indicate a write error, try flashing your nand again, maybe using a different usb memory?

indecks

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

OK, tried flashing again w a different USB drive and I got the same thing :(

I noticed while flashing it said a certain block seemed bad, and it had an status (error?) of 0x00000004 or something like that. I even rebuilt the updflash.bin again, and it had no errors while doing it.  Not sure if it would help, but here's my xeBuild_GUI.log:

http://pastebin.com/xP4Na0fL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go to Top