Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go to Bottom

Author Topic: GUIDE: How to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 kernel/dashboard using xeBuild GUI  (Read 333995 times)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Personally, i recommend including it at build-time, and just download the fuses from xell and it'll get the appropriate LDV for you automatically...

For best "solution" in your case i would recommend going a bit further tho, dump current nand using hardware, erase the nand 2 times (all of it) so nandpro usb: -e512 twice, then build a nand using the settings to not remap the image, writing that and taking note of what blocks failed to write followed by remapping those manually (or dumping again and rebuilding using that image) followed by writing the resulting image...

This makes your console really start fresh... once you've confirmed it's fully functional you can delete everything except for your key and the last image you wrote

Sent from my SM-G903F

Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

Auxelvn

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Hi People!

Need some help!
I'm a complete noob and I have been trying to fix my Jtagged Xbox 360 since ages now. I got it jtagged about 2 years back and did not realize that no plugins worked on it except a few games that I used to play. No plugins, no live, nothing has worked ever since. I gave up on it and put it back. Now I have to give it to my younger brother who's after my life. However, I can't figure out a way to update the dash. Everytime I switch it on, I get the pop up asking me to update the Xbox which keeps coming back every 3 minutes.

I have dumped my NAND profile and from xeBuild GUI, I'm not able to go further. I have also in the last few hours manager to find my CPU key. Thanks to your forum.

I would just like to know:

1. What do I do if my Kernel Version is greyed out in the xeBuild GUI?
Although I just installed FSD3 and in the system settings I found my Kernel Version which is - 16747. Is it too outdated? Can I still update it?

2. Also, the build type and Motherboard columns are auto-populated with radio buttons on Freeboot (RGH 2.0) and Corona respectively. Do I still have to check them from somewhere and change them?

3. There is no Keyvault information as well, so the Check KV button is also greyed out. What should I do about that?

4. After keying in the the CPU key, everything in the bottom bar now has a green check next to it. But when I click Generate Hacked Image, it gives me the following error:

Can't find cf_16747.bin or su20076000_00000000 (required for all except for devkit) nor se_16747.bin (required for devkit) in the data folder!

Please help!

PS: For the time being, I'd also settle for just plugins working, like youtube etc. A few games are already working.

Thank you!

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile

At first you have a RGH not a JTAG Xbox 360.

Did you download XeBuild GUI from a trusted source (like HC) ?
XeBuild GUI cant handle Corona Images, thats the reason it didnt show you any information about your Keyvault data. Take a look into the Guide on the first site "Step4 Specific information for Corona with 4GB Internal memory", there are special Infos, how you build a RGH Image for your Xbox 360 Corona.
« Last Edit: 08 December 2016 à 19:28:23 by Dr.Gonzo »

DLink DIR-825 B1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 Build 10-12-12-r20119
Netgear WNDR3700 V1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 Build 06-14-11-r17201

Auxelvn

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Dr. Gonzo, you the man!!  ;D

Thanks, I've finally been able to move forward and now have a updflash.bin using the step 4 that you so kindly referred me to.

However, when I do try to flash that updated bin file with my nand flasher (which I downloaded from HC), I get the text, "You are about to flash image that don't contain spare data to a machine that requires it. Press start continue if you know what you are doing."

When I continue. It gives me an error.

Error game:\updflash.bin - size 50331648 is not a valid image size,

And then 5....4.....3.....2......1 shuts down.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?  :(

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Dr. Gonzo, you the man!!  ;D

Thanks, I've finally been able to move forward and now have a updflash.bin using the step 4 that you so kindly referred me to.

However, when I do try to flash that updated bin file with my nand flasher (which I downloaded from HC), I get the text, "You are about to flash image that don't contain spare data to a machine that requires it. Press start continue if you know what you are doing."

When I continue. It gives me an error.

Error game:\updflash.bin - size 50331648 is not a valid image size,

And then 5....4.....3.....2......1 shuts down.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?  :(

You built a Corona4G image for a non-Corona4G console (are you sure you have a Corona in the first place? if so - it's NOT a 4G model and should be natively supported by xeBuild GUI without any special tricks)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

Auxelvn

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Thank you Swizzy for your reply.

I'm not sure if I have a Corona. I have no clue how to find it out as well. I followed step 4 to the t.

Is there a way to find out what model I have? Sorry for the stupid question.

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile

Take a view into Dashlaunch, it shows you what kind your 360 slim is . Upload your last RGH Image & PM`ed me your CPU Key. I build a new one for your.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Thank you Swizzy for your reply.

I'm not sure if I have a Corona. I have no clue how to find it out as well. I followed step 4 to the t.

Is there a way to find out what model I have? Sorry for the stupid question.

Let xeBuild GUI decide for you, does it not decide for you? then take a look at the CB field, that it should show you, then take a look in the table listed in the guide

Auxelvn

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Take a view into Dashlaunch, it shows you what kind your 360 slim is . Upload your last RGH Image & PM`ed me your CPU Key. I build a new one for your.

Wow! You would do that? That's so sweet of you! Thank you so much. Will just send you the details.

Oh and Happy New Year!

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile

Please dont switch with your questions to different Threads. Otherwise we are lose the overview !

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]   Go to Top