Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: C4E's Hitachi 78 79 iXtreme LT+ 3.0  (Read 14141 times)

kunf0002

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: C4E's Hitachi 78 79 iXtreme LT+ 3.0
« Reply #15 on: 20 January 2013 à 21:32:50 »

Thanks again Swizzy.
The console is an arcade according to Microsoft, and they suspected that it had the 4G system memory, even for a late 2008. That makes me a bit nervous that the 4G system memory forgot its purpose in life.

Otherwise, I have a less than one year old ASUS 5i laptop.
I will buy the CK3 if you can suggest the better or more useful of the two. I am trying to avoid buying the pro, because of price and my limited use for it at this time.
I have also not decide to purchase an unrelated SATA to USB AC powered adapter from my local computer repair shop for $25.00, since the power up on and off UNlock CD for the Hitachi sounds like it is a better bet. I also do not have a SATA to USB cable.
I have not installed the free burning software for CD/DVD's that ixtreme suggest to get for ripping the unlock v79 CD. Is it possible or useful just to use my personal WAV format to make the unlock CD or better to get the suggested(I assume less compressed) program freeware for ripping the unlock.
I have read the instructions for the JF several times, since I get busy and give up on it, then re-read it. I am getting the terminology down a bit better, and that is a good start.
My laptop has two of the better/faster USB ports, so I suspect that between the three ports one is the required 0.5A or 500mA for powering the CK3.
I have ordered laser lens' from two different companies, and when I measure them they appeared to be out of spec at less than 3.5kB on Lite-on/BQ's, and all over the place on the HD63's. Factory two year old Lite-ons are almost always 5kB or greater and one was a 6.3?kb, and they worked great before and after minor pot tweaking. I will get one more HD63 to try in this thing, since the last one lasted for 5-10 hours and now misreads, but as stated, the problem appears consistent and persistent thusfar.

Thanks again, and if you can narrow the suggestion to a lite or other CK3 version, I can purchase one, and a SATA to USB cable. I was hoping to get by on a $40.00 purchase.

The other odd thing for me is that I have tried to join Ixtreme and the UK retail site, and neither one sent me a confirmation e-mail. Usually people get to know me first before they dislike me.

I contacted the UK retailer for possibly purchasing a USB-pro or CK3 before I joined here, yet no response yet, and I cannot forum at ixtreme with my account pending, so my complaints are mounting.

Thanks again,
Bob

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 January 2013 à 21:56:19 »

It's NOT possible that it have a 4G memory, the first ones to have that was Trinity, which came may 2010... so, what you are likely to have is 256 or 512MB onboard (a very LARGE NAND)

The best is CK3i, it allows you to control it from within Jungleflasher, but if that's to expensive for ya, go for a CK3 Lite, they're cheaper and have all the functions needed, CK3 Pro isn't really required anymore, it was good before when Liteons had to be dumped with serial connection (no longer used)

For power you can etheir use the connection from your computer (probably safer since you'll be garantueed to be on the same level of ground with this method) or you can buy an external PSU unit for IDE/ATA drives (Molex connection is a must, you can't use the SATA connector)

You don't need a USB -> SATA unless you're using a laptop (in which case you'll have to use external power, and you'll need a USB Pro, you can't just buy any random USB -> SATA device and hope it'll work, because 9 out 10 won't... USB Pro is specifically designed for this purpose...) If you do go for this choice tho i can recommend you to buy the USB Pro v2, this will make the CK3 useless (you can then use the USB Pro v2 for the full process, it have power + sata connections)

You only need the unlock disc if you've got a Hitachi 79, older models don't need it... and if you do need it, i suggest downloading imgburn from www.imgburn.com it's useful in ALOT of situation, you'll be burning an ISO anyways ;)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

kunf0002

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2013 à 22:11:15 »

Thanks for the good advice Swizzy.
I just got a 2010 arcade and it did have the 4G, and Microsoft techy at best, was surprised to hear my 2008 did not have the 4G to attempt a "format" with, as he suggested. So, I concluded that all arcades had 4G although I had others that did not and worked fine, so I am learning and remembering something(s).

I will work on getting one more optical laser lens an attempt, and likely get the USB Pro, as I suspected I should being limited to my laptop, and cuz it seems simple for my pea brain to cipher, and it is safer for all parts.

Thanks for the info, and I will get back when more info seems necessary or FYI.

Bob

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 January 2013 à 23:21:28 »

Yeah, any Arcade manufactured late 2008 to present has built in memory in the machine, one way or another... (trinities have a module, while Jasper [late 2008 -> early 2010~] and coronas [mid 2011 -> present~]  have a large NAND device instead, Corona [also a slim] have a 4GB NAND Device + eMMC controller OR a eMMC controller with built in 4GB memory by samsung or hynix)

Earlier arcade models had a Memory Unit bundled with them of the sizes: 64MB, 256MB or 512MB (i'm not entirely sure if 64 was ever bundled, i've seen that size of memory tho...)

Before arcade consoles came to the market they were called "Core" (that's what i bought first 360 i ever bought, beeing young, kinda stupid and not particularly wealthy...) they came with nothing but well as the name suggest the core shit: Console, PSU, A/V cable with ONLY composite, a composite -> SCART adapter and a wired controller... that kinda sucked you know, buying a console which you can't use for anything :)

*edit: some memories plopped back into my head again... sweet old memories... xD*

My first Xbox 360 broke after about 1 year of service, i sent it to microsoft for repairs, the new one i got (mine was replaced!) lasted for another year... once i got it replaced once more (YAY! 3:rd machine already?!) i accidently messed up with DOS and the Liteon drive that was in it... it turned out my commands didn't actually save anything to the disk coz when i powerd on the liteon drive the hdd stopped working (WOOPS!) so i erased it with no backup, luckily for me tho i did this the same day it came to me, and i got on the phone called microsoft support and said: "WTF?! I Just got my console back from your service center, and it aint playing any games?! WTF IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!" they believed in that... i sent the box (flashed with a totally different key, making sure it seemed to boot just not run any games) so they replaced it again for free :)

I've over the years had more then 40 Xbox 360's in my possession, bought some before to sell, now i have around 15 Xbox 360's i think... most of which are dead (RROD)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2013 à 23:27:47 by Swizzy »
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

kunf0002

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 January 2013 à 02:29:22 »

I have fixed about thirty RROD's with only one return in the past 2 years. That does not mean they have not failed, but only one customer stated it, and I gave him a new one. I sorted his problem to operator head space and timing or rectal cranium inversion on my part. Works perfectly now, except the laser went dicky on it. Still works just fails to "Install" games each time and it is clean, so I will seek a real supplier.

I am now worried that more lasers will fail, since the replacement ones I use seem so far out of specification or appear as used/factory rejects, etc..

Since the slim laser failed after 20 movies, and nearly all gaming off of the 250GB HDD, I am less suspicious about TMart, but will  no longer deal with them or other Chinese outlets.

I have done nothing yet with JF or USBPro, despite their simplification of the process, since I rarely buy opened 360 consoles in my neck of the woods. As soon as I hit the Minneapolis secondary market, they have all been opened up, and fiddled with. Of course, all were only opened for cleaning. Many are cleaned so well that they are missing half of the screws.

It is getting much harder to find ones unopened, and I like to avoid these parts swapping chases like this 2008 Hitachi swap. I will try one more NEW HD63 laser lens, then revert to flash gordon.

My first Xbox was junk within 30 days, and they replaced the internal drive with a noisey one, but it played for years. Then I never did get a 360 from them. I found the first 360 outside of a college dorm for free in the trash. Fixed the RROD, sold it, fixed another, etc. Bought a brand new Slim package in the box for $120.00 last year. That is the one that failed and is in Chicago Fed Ex at this point in return from Loredo Texas.

I got little good to say about Microsoft, or most British run empires. I worked for Digital Equipment Corp for years and loved VAX/VMS machines and terminals. No glitches, X.22  network, no freezing, and large laser disc compatible with touchscreen back in 1986. Microsoft crushed them (except ethernet part) by giving away junk to Universities and having the slackjaws there learn on their junk.

Now I am a genetics major, so I can rule the world. Or just get a real Philly sandwich and a hooker. I haven't decided yet.

Thanks Swizzy.

kunf0002

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 February 2013 à 21:56:36 »

Update:
1. Hard ware for 3120L is good with new laser, still had same problem with the "Install in a 360 console" message.
2. I got gutzy and put in a Lite-On drive with a working new laser for certain and I get the identical behavior as with the Hitachi, and same message as above.
3. Given that the directory has nearly all Lite-Ons for the 2008 year and even day, my best risk is to assume it was originally flashed to a Lite-On, and the idiot that tried to repair it before me did not even swap a Lite-on for a Lite-on, nor was smart enough to change motherboards in any event.
4. I have decided to keep the Lite-On in the console and flash it that way, as it seems the logical least risk.
5. I only have a laptop, so does it still stand that I will need or should need the USB Pro to attempt a flash, to match the drive to console?? Is the C3K probe necessary for the 702 slot in this case as well or can I avoid some of this??
6. What risk of being banned did I acquire by having the Hitachi in place, which likely was not original brand drive, or risk I have acquired from having the Lite-On booted if it was not the original brand??
7. What is the likelihood of a successful flash that will avoid a banned 360 in LIVE?

Thanks for any help?? Sorry for the long drivel(s)!

Bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go to Top
emails