Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: NXE2GOD V1.2 now support USB Memory Unit  (Read 10258 times)

Razkar

• View Profile
NXE2GOD V1.2 now support USB Memory Unit
« on: 23 January 2013 à 14:45:00 »

Swizzy release today a new version of NXE2GOD based on the abandoned project from Team XeDev and the source shared by Dstruktiv. Since the release by Microsoft of the kernel version 16197, you are able to format USB devices up to 32GB to FATX. Some of you were using this kind of device to make NXE installs (Game Disc installs in NXE or newer) but were unable to 'easily' convert them to GOD, this problem is now fixed with NXE2GOD V1.2 which support USB MU (USB Memory Unit).

Full readme
NXE2GOD 1.2
-----------

* What is it? *
NXE2GOD is a tool to convert NXE installs (Game Disc installs in NXE or newer) to GOD (Games On Demand)
Basically what this means is that we remove the need for the disc to be in the DVD Drive to play the game :)

* Credits *
- Dstruktiv - Thanks for making the original and releasing your source code! :D
- Anyone else that has helped with the project in any way ;)

* Install Notes *

In the release there is 2 packages, one for XEX and another for LIVE, the LIVE one is meant for installs
to device:\Content\0000000000000000\FFFF0055\00080000\ which allows you to start it straight from dash! :D

The XEX Version is meant for those of you wanting to create your own live package, or simply wish to run it from USB ;)

* Changelog *

v1.2 - Mod by Swizzy released 23-01-2013
+ Added support for USBMU Devices, Limited to: USBMU0, USBMU1, USBMU2, USBMU3, USBMU4
(Meaning up to 5 USB Devices with a Memory unit on it) still have the HDD scan tho ;)
+ Fixed bug with leaving the 00004000 directory, it'll now be deleted like everything else
+ Font is now embedded, no need for Media folder and shit ;)
- Removed backup crap, if you need it, you can read the original source code and add it back ;)
+ Lot's of code cleanup!

c01eman

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: NXE2GOD V1.2 now support USB Memory Unit
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2013 à 22:11:37 »

hmm nice mod, i wonder if swizzy would add selective conversion?

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 February 2013 à 12:44:31 »

hmm nice mod, i wonder if swizzy would add selective conversion?

That a request? :)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

Thunderbaud

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2013 à 14:18:03 »

Tested v1.2 tonight. It handled several titles allright but got stuck with Kinect StarWars (full Russian version)

Just hangs up at this step and nothing works except power-off. Meanwhile v1.1 did it without any problem. Though showing squares and spaces instead of cyrillic letters in title string.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 February 2013 à 15:41:05 »

Tested v1.2 tonight. It handled several titles allright but got stuck with Kinect StarWars (full Russian version)

Just hangs up at this step and nothing works except power-off. Meanwhile v1.1 did it without any problem. Though showing squares and spaces instead of cyrillic letters in title string.

Hmm, i'll look into it and see what's causing the issue :)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

c01eman

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 February 2013 à 11:58:44 »

LordX

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2013 à 11:29:27 »

Hmm, i'll look into it and see what's causing the issue :)
And ? any news ?
btw looks like it not like non-eng fonts, it just crash and power-off the console, v1.1 working fine with any leng.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 March 2013 à 19:13:41 »

And ? any news ?
btw looks like it not like non-eng fonts, it just crash and power-off the console, v1.1 working fine with any leng.

I've been a little busy, haven't had time to spend on this particular project, but i will be looking into it during the weekend, if you could send me some files to use for debugging that'd be awesome, coz i don't have any russian games, or any other non-english games etheir for that matter (apart from swedish games which all use english in their titles)

** edit: **

I can promise you it has nothing to do with the font if it crashes, it's probably a encoding issue between UTF-8 and Unicode (unicode is what the russian/chineese characters are in)
« Last Edit: 01 March 2013 à 19:26:06 by Swizzy »

Thunderbaud

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 March 2013 à 21:12:35 »

if you could send me some files to use for debugging that'd be awesome
Let me know what files do you need from a bunch created by "DVD copy" function of FSD (or install2disk function of NXE) then I'll upload it somewhere and give you the link.
« Last Edit: 01 March 2013 à 21:17:06 by Thunderbaud »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 March 2013 à 09:16:39 »

Let me know what files do you need from a bunch created by "DVD copy" function of FSD (or install2disk function of NXE) then I'll upload it somewhere and give you the link.

i need some NXE installs with games that are causing issues with NXE2GOD 1.2 :)

antman1

« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2014 à 18:07:47 »

Does anyone know if this supports IntMU for those consoles that have the IntMU mod for larger drives connected as IntMUs?  I have a 2TB HDD on my IntMU and have to move the game over to the IntMU after I have NXE2GOD convert it to GOD and this would make that easier.

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 July 2014 à 19:16:07 »

Try it, that should not be a problem.

greets.

antman1

« Reply #12 on: 10 July 2014 à 23:15:01 »

I forgot to post.  I tried yesterday and it does work for IntMU.  Thank you A LOT for this updated version

Gromber

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 May 2015 à 20:34:40 »

thanks for the program, i wanted to use it with some games that i rip with the new dash (17349), but now the content folder can be in a simple fat32 drive, any plan for support this? anyway i moved the games to hdd1.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2015 à 09:00:19 »

thanks for the program, i wanted to use it with some games that i rip with the new dash (17349), but now the content folder can be in a simple fat32 drive, any plan for support this? anyway i moved the games to hdd1.

I might build a new version supporting these paths aswell, it should be relatively easy to do... i'll look into it soon :)

** Edit: **

v1.3 can be downloaded here for anyone interested: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/Games_Tool/dl_NXE2GOD_V1.3.rar
« Last Edit: 24 May 2015 à 19:27:37 by Swizzy »
Pages: [1]   Go to Top
emails