Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HDDHACKR v1.40 Build 20130303 : format your WD Drive into FATX  (Read 43396 times)

marulez

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: HDDHACKR v1.40 Build 20130303 : format your WD Drive into FATX
« Reply #45 on: 21 December 2017 à 02:07:25 »

The HDD does have 3 "Reallocated Bad Blocks" on it as detected by my Active SMART Windows application. Perhaps this is the reason? However the application says that the HDD is in Good Health and Good Performance. The write and read speeds are all normal, the HDD works at about 100MB/s. I can copy files on it as if everything is fine with normal speeds, etc.

As for the formatting on Xbox, I already tried to format it on Xbox first and since it does nothing, only after that, I reconnected it to my PC and formatted on my PC. Anyway yes its the same bin file. However how should I proceed? Should I first restore it then rehack it with your file or can I just proceed to rehack with your file on top of the already hacked HDD?

Or should I just abandon everything because the issue is those pesky 3 bad sectors?

Thanks

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile
Re: HDDHACKR v1.40 Build 20130303 : format your WD Drive into FATX
« Reply #46 on: 21 December 2017 à 23:34:04 »

Some bad sectors on Hdd are normal, and you have no need to worry. You can try to use your modded Hdd at another Xbox 360 to see, If the reason for this is your Hdd, or there is another (hardware) problem. Or you have another compatible Hdd close to you to try.

greets.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go to Top