Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FakeAnim causes loss of Dolby Digital flag  (Read 2417 times)

hansolo77

FakeAnim causes loss of Dolby Digital flag
« on: 07 June 2013 à 01:54:56 »

I have posted this over in the RealModScene forums (http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1786-fix-loss-of-dolby-digital-in-fsd3/) but I thought I would report it here as well, since this is where I had originally obtained the FakeAnim plugin...

When I installed the FakeAnim plugin, I erased the bootanim.xex from my FLASH.  I did this so that I wouldn't be presented with 2 bootup animations.  That part worked.  However, the Xbox from then on out only output it's audio in Stereo format unless I went into the Metro dash and manually changed it back to Stereo and then to Dolby.  It's been driving me crazy for so long.  I reported it at RMS a long time ago but nobody seems to have noticed.  So I did a bit of work today to try and figure out what was going on.  My first suspicion was that the video's FakeAnim was playing were in fact Stereo, so that preset the Xbox to be in Stereo mode.  I spent the better part of an hour recoding my videos in true Dolby sound, but it didn't make any difference.  What I ultimately ended up doing was to flash the latest dash/kernel to the Xbox and NOT delete the bootanim.xex file from the flash.  That seems to have fixed it.  What it looks like is happening is that the bootanim.xex not only launches the bootup video, but also tells the Xbox what audio format to begin playing in.  With bootanim.xex erased, the Xbox never receives that instruction.

So my solution is to keep bootanim.xex in the flash and just have 2 boot animations.  Kinda sucks.  That's why I'm reporting it here.  Is there a chance somebody (perhaps the original author) could take a look at the bootanim.xex and possibly add the extra lines of code to the fakeanim.xex to include a check and post the preset audio flag?  I would gladly do it to help the community out, but I don't know ANYTHING about this stuff.  My solution was through an hours worth of trial and error.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
Re: FakeAnim causes loss of Dolby Digital flag
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2013 à 11:33:25 »

I've forwarded the information to the original author, we'll see what he can do :)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

hansolo77

Re: FakeAnim causes loss of Dolby Digital flag
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2013 à 23:00:25 »

Thanks.  :)

It's weird that not a lot of people have reported this before.  I must just be an audiophile or something.  To me, not having Dolby Digital output is a big pain in my butt, and I hated having to boot into Metro every time I loaded the Xbox to reset it.  I hope this can be fixed soon too.  I like the custom animations, but hate having 2 of them now (official and not).

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go to Top