Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: RGH NAND Update  (Read 4715 times)

d2d2d2

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
RGH NAND Update
« on: 22 September 2013 à 10:51:18 »

Hi Homebrew Connectioners,

I have a Trinity RGH  with a Coolrunner which I soldered myself. All works fine and well.
I had recently tried updating the firmware of the xbox to 16203.I tried to use 360 NAND flasher, but it gave errors, same with simple NAND flasher. Nothing I did worked to dump the NAND.

I opened up the box and dumped the NAND with a SPI flasher that I built. XeBuilded that and write it back to the xbox. It updated successfully to 16203. Then 16537 came out, and I wanted to update again (for no particular reason). But its doing the same thing again.
Initially 360 NAND Flasher worked, and I could see the CB etc, but now its giving the same error from when I tried to update.
I cant access the NAND dump from software, and will need to open up and flash it again.

Is there any reason why it would be continuously "corrupting" the NAND? It works perfectly booting to F3, and any other homebrew application. XellReloaded throws errors relating to NAND functions, and all the other programs I try to use either dont work or give me -2 bad sectors, No CB info and and nand info as some massive string.

Any ideas? To stop this from happening?

d2d2d2

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: RGH NAND Update
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2013 à 12:39:14 »

Also potentially useful information:

When I turn my xbox on it 9/10 it 100% fans and does not start properly. After power cycling it eventually works, but it takes a few goes to get it to actually try to RGH to boot.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2013 à 14:19:44 »

I would guess there is a hardware fault somewhere, but i have no idea how to help you solve this one :/

Could you tell us what chip you have installed in your console? i know for instance that Team Xecuter Coolrunner REV A->C can cause problems when dumping over SPI if the chip is "active" (when the red led is lit) maybe you are experiencing a similar issue except it's with all software that runs on the machine instead...
« Last Edit: 22 September 2013 à 14:21:53 by Swizzy »
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

d2d2d2

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2013 à 10:42:16 »

Hey Swizzy,

I know its A or B, just cant tell without opening it up - I chipped it a long time ago and dont really pay attention when I open it up. When I flashed it I took a dump successfully with 360 Flash tool, but now its throwing me this crap again.

I was a bit confused myself when it started doing this to me. I guess I'll just need to open up each update (or run a ribbon to the outside of the box making it easier).
I have tried Xebuild over network but the 2nd ID line in Dashlaunch 3.09 says unknown, instead of trinity. That plus I cant manage to find it over the network yet.

I'm pretty much out of ideas as to what software could help out.

Thanks for replying :)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2013 à 10:54:51 »

Hey Swizzy,

I know its A or B, just cant tell without opening it up - I chipped it a long time ago and dont really pay attention when I open it up. When I flashed it I took a dump successfully with 360 Flash tool, but now its throwing me this crap again.

I was a bit confused myself when it started doing this to me. I guess I'll just need to open up each update (or run a ribbon to the outside of the box making it easier).
I have tried Xebuild over network but the 2nd ID line in Dashlaunch 3.09 says unknown, instead of trinity. That plus I cant manage to find it over the network yet.

I'm pretty much out of ideas as to what software could help out.

Thanks for replying :)

I would suggest replacing the chip to one that doesn't interfere with SPI... the only chips i've experienced SPI problems with are TX Coolrunner Rev A -> C
« Last Edit: 23 September 2013 à 10:57:26 by Swizzy »
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

haawa

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2014 à 16:20:51 »

First sorry  for my bad english   

Info:
Corona v2  4gb nand, i know cpu key i have nand dump 48mb, aways ok
When i solder SDCARD Maximus tools,  windows 7,  i klick  format memory from windows . Now JRUNNER  not  see  Mb  for nand.

I need some help what to do. Maybe some with full 4gb nand dump  to send me donor 4gb, and some advice  how to write 4gb bin , maybe hex workshop or other solution . Windows show nand , JR  show memory with no size .

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2014 à 17:29:38 »

First sorry  for my bad english   

Info:
Corona v2  4gb nand, i know cpu key i have nand dump 48mb, aways ok
When i solder SDCARD Maximus tools,  windows 7,  i klick  format memory from windows . Now JRUNNER  not  see  Mb  for nand.

I need some help what to do. Maybe some with full 4gb nand dump  to send me donor 4gb, and some advice  how to write 4gb bin , maybe hex workshop or other solution . Windows show nand , JR  show memory with no size .

Why did you format it in the first place?

You can use any hex editor which supports direct device access, otherwise... you can use my "X360NANDManager", however... it's not available in binary form atm (compiled) it's only available as source code...

You don't need to write a full 4GB nand, you can just write the first 48Mb and that should solve the entire problem...

haawa

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2014 à 21:06:46 »

Thanks swizzy  10x.   I use SDREADER.exe  to write  48mb  and now  corona 4gb work OK

ElizaRima

RGH NAND Update
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2016 à 08:08:23 »

hi everyone, i'm attempting my first rgh xbox 360 installation and going through the taio tutorial. it seems to get more confusing the more i read.

i've watch a bunch of videos on where to solder the wires and that shouldn't be a problem, where i'm confused is i have a cooler runner ii tiao chip and a tiao usb spi programmer.

i know the usb spi programmer is a solderless device but all the tutorial i've seen, especially on youtube as shown me soldering procedures on the xbox board and on the coolrunner chips by team executor and using nand-x.

On tiao guide on programming the cool runner ii chip only shows using tumpa and when i review the usb spi guide, it appears to be a jtag guide but nothing on programing the rgh chip to work off the usb spi, i don't know, maybe it's not suppose to be that way, if so how do i program the cool runner chip?

can someone please explain how do i use the tiao cool runner ii chip and where do i solder the wires onto it?

http://megoses.ru

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2016 à 17:22:36 »

Can you tell us what motherboard and kernel version you have, and provide links to the chip you have?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Pages: [1]   Go to Top
emails