Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: xeBuild Bug Report  (Read 4598 times)

Razkar

• View Profile
xeBuild Bug Report
« on: 09 October 2012 à 23:09:48 »

if you found a bug in xebuild please report it here using this template :

Code: [Select]
Motherboard :
Hack :
Kernel Version :
Nature of the bug :
Operating System* :
Other notes that might help :

* : What version of windows are you running? example: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Please also post the .log of the nand image using the [ code ] and [ / code ] tags.
« Last Edit: 10 October 2012 à 23:31:34 by Razkar »

• HC Beginner
  • Hacker
    • View Profile
    • HackFAQ
Re: xeBuild Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2014 à 15:26:47 »

Why have xebuild devs used our patches, if TX patches should be more reliable? (cuz those patches are much simpler)
You can get them from corona_cr4.ecc bootloader (with small modifications, they may be applied to freeboot)

also: what about rjtag build mode? (rgh patch for jtag smc)
« Last Edit: 29 November 2014 à 17:23:02 by 15432 »

mik30

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
xeBuild_1.15 Bug on Jasper RGH
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2015 à 21:50:51 »

1st Bug:

xeBuild_1.15 does not build Jasper correctly.

I get these false WARNING statements when building a Jasper512 RGH image, i.e. 17349.

******WARNING: 'xenonclatin.xtt' crc32: 0x5cb33297 expected: 0xd5d17ff5
******WARNING: 'xenonjklatin.xtt' crc32: 0x70660678 expected: 0xdde4a14c
******WARNING: 'ximedic.xex' crc32: 0x9f1cbe75 expected: 0x1d992bfb

These files are in fact totally perfect, i.e. the last one comes directly out of the $Systemupdate.
In fact these warnings do not show up when using falcon as target.

2nd Bug:

Update is broken since 1.13, when the way how update mode works on glitch images
was changed for the worse...  this "bootloader retaining" thing just breaks the update
process which worked flawlessly up to 1.12.

This bug applys at least to falcon and jasper512 targets.

« Last Edit: 23 May 2015 à 21:53:19 by mik30 »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2015 à 08:56:24 »

Care to explain the second bug a bit more in detail? what do you mean with it being broken?

It works fine during our tests, are you saying it stops glitching or gets slower? it's meant to be that it retains the data making it boot at the same speeds as before

The first bug has already been fixed internally, not sure if there'll be a new version released any time soon as it's easy enough to resolve without a new build, the same bug was reported on realmodscene.com
« Last Edit: 24 May 2015 à 08:58:26 by Swizzy »
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

mik30

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2015 à 22:37:00 »

Care to explain the second bug a bit more in detail? what do you mean with it being broken?

here is the output for a falcon update try from 16747 to 16767:
------ Copying bootloader image to flash image ------
CB at 0x8000 size 0x9340 (CB)
CD at 0x11340 size 0x5b00 (devkit CC)
******* ERROR: bootloaders retrieved from console are inconsistent, cannot proceed!
***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

again: the update process worked perfectly before changing it with 1.13 for the worse.

It works fine during our tests, are you saying it stops glitching or gets slower?
it's meant to be that it retains the data making it boot at the same speeds as before

This "retaining" seems to be misstaking the selected build target for a devkit build: look at "CD ... devkit CC" output
I checked that with a falcon and a jasper512...

The first bug has already been fixed internally, not sure if there'll be a new version released any time soon as it's easy enough to resolve without a new build, the same bug was reported on realmodscene.com

What do you resolve and how? The warnings are in fact false... so how can one be sure that the build is correct?

« Last Edit: 24 May 2015 à 22:41:15 by mik30 »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2015 à 22:51:45 »

here is the output for a falcon update try from 16747 to 16767:
------ Copying bootloader image to flash image ------
CB at 0x8000 size 0x9340 (CB)
CD at 0x11340 size 0x5b00 (devkit CC)
******* ERROR: bootloaders retrieved from console are inconsistent, cannot proceed!
***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

again: the update process worked perfectly before changing it with 1.13 for the worse.

This "retaining" seems to be misstaking the selected build target for a devkit build: look at "CD ... devkit CC" output
I checked that with a falcon and a jasper512...

What do you resolve and how? The warnings are in fact false... so how can one be sure that the build is correct?

I think that bug was fixed already, try updating to the latest version of the updserv and xeBuild...

The warnings are not false, look at them, the problem is that it was having issues reading those files because of a stupid misstake with forgetting to correct the offset for bigblock jaspers when reading the filesystem data, none of the other filesystem files are actually kept by default, so, they're not needed, and when you get the warnings in xeBuild GUI it's because the files are also available in files\common\ which is where it reads them from instead of from the NAND... they can be safely ignored, when the build is incorrect in this particular case it'll error out instead of continuing
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

mik30

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2015 à 08:37:41 »

The warnings are not false, look at them,

The warning pretends a corrupted CRC which is in fact a false statement. The CRC of these files is correct.

the problem is that it was having issues reading those files
I would call that a bug.

none of the other filesystem files are actually kept by default, so, they're not needed,
What other files are you talking about here?
And what has the either to do with the other?

and when you get the warnings in xeBuild GUI

I use xebuild from the shell without any gui...

it's because the files are also available in files\common\ which is where it reads them from instead of from the NAND...
I know that xebuild reads those files from that path, but that is no excuse for the false warning:
1. The warning is false because the file's crc is indeed ok.
2. Even if xebuild detects a false crc it should fallback to getting those files from the other sources, especially from nand and $Systemupdate where many files are stored as well. xebuild shoul use that redundancy for the better.

they can be safely ignored when the build is incorrect in this particular case it'll error out instead of continuing
That assumption comes from what? The main question is still the same: how can one be sure that the build is correct if xebuild is flawed?

« Last Edit: 25 May 2015 à 08:44:11 by mik30 »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 May 2015 à 09:42:09 »

The warning pretends a corrupted CRC which is in fact a false statement. The CRC of these files is correct.
I would call that a bug.
What other files are you talking about here?
And what has the either to do with the other?

I use xebuild from the shell without any gui...
I know that xebuild reads those files from that path, but that is no excuse for the false warning:
1. The warning is false because the file's crc is indeed ok.
2. Even if xebuild detects a false crc it should fallback to getting those files from the other sources, especially from nand and $Systemupdate where many files are stored as well. xebuild shoul use that redundancy for the better.
That assumption comes from what? The main question is still the same: how can one be sure that the build is correct if xebuild is flawed?

You're missing the point, it's reading it from the NAND, but it's reading the wrong data there, so, it spits out a warning because it doesn't match what is expected, the other files are the other things which are part of the filesystem, and yes, we know it's a bug, and we've fixed it, we've also added a few more things which lets anyone do diagnostics so we can see future errors which are similar...

You don't have to use the GUI itself, all you need to do is download the GUI package, from there you can use the included xeBuild as-is and it'll work just as well...

It does fall back there, but it gives you a warning as it's failing the first source it tries...

It's not an assumption, it's something i know... hell, i'm part of the team that built this tool, do you really think i assume how things work? besides, i know this by checking the error report on realmodscene.com as there we were told it errors out, which is to be expected when it cannot find the expected data anywhere...

mik30

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2015 à 20:16:10 »

You're missing the point, it's reading it from the NAND, but it's reading the wrong data there,

Well, well... let me remind you to your other post, which stated quite the opposite:
"it's because the files are also available in files\common\ which is where it reads them from instead of from the NAND..."
Maybe you are just a bit confused... but... never mind.

yes, we know it's a bug, and we've fixed it, we've also added a few more things which lets anyone do diagnostics so we can see future errors which are similar...

That sounds great... so please stop fishing for unconvincing reasons to hold back that bugfix release like you did with one of your statements:  "not sure if there'll be a new version released any time soon..."

best regards anyway

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2015 à 10:11:42 »

Well, well... let me remind you to your other post, which stated quite the opposite:
"it's because the files are also available in filescommon which is where it reads them from instead of from the NAND..."
Maybe you are just a bit confused... but... never mind.

That sounds great... so please stop fishing for unconvincing reasons to hold back that bugfix release like you did with one of your statements:  "not sure if there'll be a new version released any time soon..."

best regards anyway
Yes, it tries reading from the data folder first, they're not there so it tries the nand, those come out wrong, then it cheks the su file, can't find it, so it reads from common where it does find them... thus only a warning, i am not the one responsible for releases, besides, it's not a problem for most, only those whom use xebuild package rather then the gui package

My responsibility in the team is testing anf the gui itself...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go to Top
emails