Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: updsvr_standalone  (Read 4128 times)

hello_hello

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
updsvr_standalone
« on: 28 January 2014 à 10:56:05 »

Hi everyone,

I would like to know it is possible to use the update server without using dashlaunch?

I see updsvr_standalone_v1 in the files section. Is that the file which serve the purpose? If yes, any instruction on how to use it?

Thanks

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
Re: updsvr_standalone
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2014 à 15:25:44 »

Hi everyone,

I would like to know it is possible to use the update server without using dashlaunch?

I see updsvr_standalone_v1 in the files section. Is that the file which serve the purpose? If yes, any instruction on how to use it?

Thanks

Every function in it don't work without Dashlaunch, however, it works without the dashlaunch installer

It works the same way as if you had been using the dashlaunch installer, the difference is that you clearly see what's going on on the screen aswell as showing you the IP of your console :)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

hello_hello

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2014 à 10:08:25 »

Guess, I will need to install dashlaunch in order to use the easy way to update kernel.

Dashlaunch is new to me as I always manually boot to FSD or using xexmenu to run a game.

As I read around, I understand that dashlaunch also comes with uninstaller right? Basically if I install dashlaunch, update, then uninstall dashlaunch all will be ok too right?

Not that I don't like dashlaunch, it's just I am too afraid to mess with the console.

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2014 à 16:13:55 »

As I read around, I understand that dashlaunch also comes with uninstaller right? Basically if I install dashlaunch, update, then uninstall dashlaunch all will be ok too right?

After you have update your 360 Kernel, you can remove Dashlaunch with his own uninstaller.
But do not fear Dashlaunch. If you know what you are doing, you can not go wrong.

greets.

hello_hello

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2014 à 02:02:27 »

Thank you so much, time to get it done :)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2014 à 22:12:09 »

it's highly recommeneded that you do let Dashlaunch stay tho, if you don't include any launch.ini there will be some defaults loaded which are SAFE, unless you know what you're doing, let it use the default settings =)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!
Pages: [1]   Go to Top
emails