Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Corona V2, NAND Dumped (48mb) xebuild updated NAND (16MB) how to flash?  (Read 10481 times)

bondlaw

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Hello Everyone!! first let me congratulate you for all the amazing work you make with the xbox mods. you ROCK!!!

Now i hope you can help me, i have a corona 4gb, glitch2, finally i got my NAND dumped with simple xbox nand flash 1.2, it generated a 48 mb .bin file, now i followed a tutorial and got the "ERROR : cant Determine if it's big block or small block nand" so i found this post and created the NAND anyway.
http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=264.msg632#msg632

now Xebuild generated a 16 mb .bin file, so when i tried to flash my Xbox using simple xbox nand flash 1.2 it gave me the error of "trying to insert spare data on a console that doesn't need it" plus the sizes being different, and didn't allow me to flash, so then i tried using xell, and can't seem to be able to start it, i used HDMI, simple A/V cable, from dashlaunch, from fsd, xexmenu... all gave me a black screen (except for HDMI, it seems to load something but its like loop of leeters, like the image cant be stabilized or something just moving fast blinking)

so i cant flash my NAD to update my kernel, can you share some light in this matter?
Thanks again for all the great work!!

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

In the guide it should tell you how to modify the commandline for 4GB Corona's (MMC Corona's) which would give you a 48mb update file :)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

bondlaw

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

:'( sorry to be such a noob, but the guide i was following was for a jasper, so it didn't mention any special commands to create the 48 mb NAND for corona, could you please tell me where can i find this special command guide?
Hope you can help me on this one Thanks for all the great job!  :D

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile

In the Guide, go to the Tab "Specific information for Corona with 4GB Internal memory".
It is described there in detail, what you have to do.

Show content

« Last Edit: 18 March 2014 à 19:46:47 by Dr.Gonzo »

Po Pimp

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

I do the -corona 4g thing and try to flash the NAND.  I get some noise about "checking for spare data... No spare data found" or something like that.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

I do the -corona 4g thing and try to flash the NAND.  I get some noise about "checking for spare data... No spare data found" or something like that.

That's normal, as long as it doesn't warn you that it's wrong you're safe... otherwise you missed something...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

Po Pimp

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

That's normal, as long as it doesn't warn you that it's wrong you're safe... otherwise you missed something...

It says

WARNING!  You are about to flash an image that don't contain SPARE data to a machine that requires it!  If you know what you are doing Press Start to continue or anything else to exit!

I don't continue because I'm scared.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

It says

WARNING!  You are about to flash an image that don't contain SPARE data to a machine that requires it!  If you know what you are doing Press Start to continue or anything else to exit!

I don't continue because I'm scared.

This means you do NOT have a mmc corona, is your dump really 48mb?

Po Pimp

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

This means you do NOT have a mmc corona, is your dump really 48mb?

My flashdmp.bin file is 16,896 KB.  After using XeBuild my updflash.bin file is 49,152 KB

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

My flashdmp.bin file is 16,896 KB.  After using XeBuild my updflash.bin file is 49,152 KB

Let xebuild gui set the settings for you, it should support your dump just fine and there should be no special settings required for your model :)

Po Pimp

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Let xebuild gui set the settings for you, it should support your dump just fine and there should be no special settings required for your model :)

Thanks, that got the update to work (system settings show the latest dash version) but when I put in a disc the console either does not see it or sees it as a DVD.

At least I feel like I made some progress getting the latest version but it would be nice to play some new games.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Thanks, that got the update to work (system settings show the latest dash version) but when I put in a disc the console either does not see it or sees it as a DVD.

At least I feel like I made some progress getting the latest version but it would be nice to play some new games.

That's strange... try adding the nofcrt patch aswell (check the box to disable fcrt.bin checks)

Po Pimp

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

That's strange... try adding the nofcrt patch aswell (check the box to disable fcrt.bin checks)

Thanks for all the help.  Everything is working fine now and I am able to play the new games.

Po Pimp

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Mr. Swizzy,

One minor inconvenience I've noticed since upgrading is my console asks for the disc every time I play a game.  Even games that worked on the old dashboard version without a disc before I upgraded are asking for the disc now.  My copy discs work ok so it's not a big problem but just wondering if this is normal?

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Mr. Swizzy,

One minor inconvenience I've noticed since upgrading is my console asks for the disc every time I play a game.  Even games that worked on the old dashboard version without a disc before I upgraded are asking for the disc now.  My copy discs work ok so it's not a big problem but just wondering if this is normal?

You mean NXE installed games? try running "NXE2GOD" on your console, this will convert your games from NXE installations to GOD packages (which lets you run the games without a disc in the tray)
Pages: [1]   Go to Top