Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Simple 360 NAND Flasher V1.2 by Swizzy : Corona 4GB nand dump and write support  (Read 15800 times)

Razkar

• View Profile

Swizzy release today an update of his Simple 360 NAND Flasher now in version 1.2. To remind, This xbox 360 SDK application will allow you do dump/write the nand of your Xbox 360 directly from it. This software can be launched from every xex loader (FSD,XeXMenu,Xshell) on a JTAG/RGH/XDK console.

This new version bring a HUGE and very awaited feature : the nand dump and write support for the corona 4GB (with phison chip linked to the nand). There is also some nice features added : auto turn off your wireless controllers during the flash, auto turn off of the console after flashing and some failsafe (like making a dump before flashing).
. As in the previous version, you will find .log containg all the dump/write info next to the excecutable after a dump/write

Simple Nand Flasher 1.2 by Swizzy Corona 4GB support | Homebrew-Connection.org

Readme :
Simple 360 NAND Flasher By Swizzy v1.2

* Requirements *

- A Hacked Xbox 360 (JTAG/RGH or similar)
- A nand dump to write or just enough space to save your nanddump on whatever device you use this app on

* What it does *

- It'll flash your motherboards nand with the supplied image (updflash.bin) using rawflash v4 or rawflash4g v1
- It'll dump your motherboards nand with to flashdmp.bin using rawdump v1 or rawdump4g v1

* Credits *
- cOz Thanks for all the help you constantly give me with just about everything, and thanks for rawflash! :D
- Thanks to xvistaman for helping me solve that one last error i had with corona4g writes! i owe you ;)
- Thanks to everyone that has helped me test it!: Jonblu @ Consoleopen, Sileandro and Razkar And others that i don't know the name of...
- Thanks also goes to who ever it was that ported rawflash to SDK in the first place and making it open source!
- Thanks also to everyone that reports bugs and/or errors in ALL my apps :)

* Future features *
- Cpukey retreival:
I'm working on getting this to work, it's not present in the current source code, but i've got a few things to work with that will hopefully make this possible aswell, it might not work with all dashboard versions etc. but atleast the current ones ;) it's probably going to take a while before you see this feature, but have no fear, it'll come eventually ;)

* Changelog *

v1.2
- Added: Full support for Corona v2 (4GB Corona)
- Added: Auto Detect which mode to run in (it'll autodetect if you are running on a MMC type of machine or a RAW type [MMC type=Corona 4GB/V2, RAW=any other older machine])
- Added: Safe-Flash (Read to recovery.bin then write)
- Added: Autoshutdown after flash (it'll tell you it's shutting down then count down starting at 5 seconds...)
- Added: It'll turn off your wireless controllers during flash to keep you safe (if you reconnect them they'll be shut off again while it's working)
- Fixed: If you accidently hit eject the app now stays running! :D
- Fixed: You no longer see the options to write if you don't have a updflash.bin next to the app...
- Fixed: Lot's of code cleanup, making it look nicer and easier to follow/understand :)
- Added: It'll now also check for Spare data before writing, again it's a safety measure, if it finds spare data while in MMC mode it'll warn you about it and give you the option to exit... and of course the other way around for raw mode...
- Added: The above check for spare also checks for the "Magic bytes" (your Xbox 360 image should start with 0xFF4F, i've never seen an image that differ from this, and thus it's an easy way for me to check that the file you give the app really is a nand...)
- Fixed: The app will now clear the line of output before it starts overwriting, this means that you'll no longer see leftover output on screen from previous output ;) (mostly for error messages during progress output)
- Changed: The app now use a different font (it used Arial before, now it uses verdana)

** WARNING!! If you don't let the app exit after flashing a corona v2 you will most likely end up with a machine that no longer boots untill you reflash it using a computer!! You've been warned... **
** Altought this version adds multipile security checks before it starts writing an image to your nand it can still be very dangerous... if you don't know what you are doing, don't do it! ;) **
« Last Edit: 12 October 2012 à 02:55:30 by Razkar »

c01eman

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

this is great i used it today to revert to freeboot from rgloader as i couldnt load xell because of bad blocks on my nand :)

thanks Swizzy/c0z/Razkar

aarash

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Hi Swizzy.I have a request.Can you add the feature in Simple 360 nand flasher that asks if you want to keep the same kv or not.I cant get flash 360 because i have a corona.Please swizzy.U r the one who can do this.

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile

Hi Swizzy.I have a request.Can you add the feature in Simple 360 nand flasher that asks if you want to keep the same kv or not.I cant get flash 360 because i have a corona.Please swizzy.U r the one who can do this.

You can flash your Corona also, with Simple Nand flasher. Let me guess, your Key Vault is banned ?

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Nope, i am not adding this because this is a Simple Flasher, adding that shit only confuses ppl... basically keeping the KV means that you are essentially modifying the image you're about to write, and it means i have to check if block 1 is bad, if it is, then skip writing the last block and what not... there's also no point in doing that really, if your built image have a bad KV it's a completly bad image... writing all blocks is the way to go these days... there's a reason Flash360 don't work with corona, it's because it's heavily out-dated

Back when Flash360 was available there was another type of image that was beeing flashed... at that time the KV wasn't always going to be part of the new image beeing written (XBR times) and therefor it was needed that you kept the original data in that block intact... now a days tho, that's no longer the case... the images built by xeBuild have EVERYTHING for YOUR console, XBR was pre-built images...
« Last Edit: 03 September 2014 à 16:47:09 by Swizzy »
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

aarash

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

then please make something else like flash 360 coz i need to unban my jtag.Also i need to ask.Can i change my motherboard coz i dont want corona

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

then please make something else like flash 360 coz i need to unban my jtag.Also i need to ask.Can i change my motherboard coz i dont want corona

Sorry, but you're not getting anything from me that will unban your console, i hate idiots that go on Xbox Live with a JTAG... having a banned KV doesn't cause any problems with the offline functions or LiNK (by Team FSD) etheir way, Flash360 don't just flash your KV does it? i don't recall that... i recall it having a feature to skip that block... nothing else...

You can't change your motherboard unless you buy a new console with the specific motherboard you want... that should be fairely obvious to anyone with a brain larger then a pea...
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

aarash

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Please.I thought you helped people.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

Please.I thought you helped people.

I do, just... i don't help people do things i hate them for =)

If you want to have this done, you'll have to do so on your own, i'm not helping you get on Xbox Live with your hacked console, sorry... it's just not my style... if you don't like it, feel free to ask someone that does care to help you... they'll ask you for money tho, i usually don't ask people for money for the work i do ;)

aarash

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

Ok so if i need to do this myself, what programming languages do i need to learn.Just provide me the details.On which program do i do it and how do i make it an xex.Please i beg you

Dr.Gonzo

• View Profile

First you need the official Xbox software development kit and Visual Studio 2010. This is the easy part of the game. You can use on these SDK C/C++, HLSL, DirectX, & Assembler Language. You need extensive knowledge  of C/C++ and skills. This is something, that you do not even learn in days or weeks.

aarash

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

So how do i get the dev kit.is it given with xbox 360 neighbourhoodand do i need to learn all the languages you listed

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

So how do i get the dev kit.is it given with xbox 360 neighbourhoodand do i need to learn all the languages you listed

I didn't need a devkit, however... you need the XDK software (Xbox 360 SDK)

You need to learn C or C++ (they're essentially the same) to understand how Simple 360 NAND Flasher works, to understand everything you also need to understand PPC64 Altivec Assembler...

The XDK installer can be found on xbox360iso.com

I must warn you tho, this won't be an easy thing to do for a newbie... it's taken me several years to get to the point i'm at now... and i still don't know even half of what's required to do some of the REALLY advanced stuff... i've had good friends that has helped me when i needed it tho, so i've been lucky with that... you on the other hand will be mostly on your own due to what you want to do, there aren't that many ppl that know their way around these things that appreciate ppl that do what you want to do... so... not alot of ppl will help you...
« Last Edit: 06 September 2014 à 02:13:32 by Swizzy »

aarash

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

so is the xdk given with xbox 360 neighbourhood.And about the helping part, can you help me a biit.Please.

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile

so is the xdk given with xbox 360 neighbourhood.And about the helping part, can you help me a biit.Please.
Just check xbox360iso for them... they're available there...

I'm not helping you more then i already have, i told you before that i don't help ppl do things i hate them for...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1] 2   Go to Top