Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bought an Xbox 360 that turned out to be modded- need some help  (Read 2025 times)

bluboy

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile

A few weeks ago I bought an Xbox at a local retail store at the local mall. I got it home, turned it on and was instantly asked to update. After multiple try's, days of Googling trying everything in the book and getting the same error, I gave up. While looking through the hdd I discovered that there was something in the games folder (Freestyle 3) and something in the demo folder (xexmenu 1.2). After searching around I figured out they had to do with modified Xbox's.

I looked at the back of the xbox and the labels were busted. The box it came in had a 500 gb sticker on it but the actual small print on the box said 4 gb. I returned as I have no clue about modded boxes and recived an identicly modded box 500 gb in a 4 gb retail package. Seems in this part of the world (i'm currently living in the MENA region) it's almost impossible to get a clean retail box. So much so that even the games you buy at the retail stores are just iso's burned on dl dvds with legit looking packaging but the're only $5. So now I'm stuck with a modded box, which isn't a bad thing, but have no idea about the modding scene.

The console is a 360 E 4 gb + kinect originally now with 500 gb hdd
Model 1538
MFR date 03-03-2014
dashboard 16767
from looking around the forums I would say the motherboard is a Corona v2 with an RGH 2 mod

I would like to get online some how, it seems there are alternative xbl servers you can use if you RGH'ed, right?

My question is Do you have to update to the latest dashboard?

It seems complicated and possibly bricking the console that cost me almost $600 here is a bit unnerving. i followed the tut for using Swizzys Xexbuild 2.094 (17150) but since I can't check the CPU key using this boards NAND dump i'm a little afraid I'll miss something or do something stupid and brick it.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2014 à 22:36:56 by bluboy »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
Re: Bought an Xbox 360 that turned out to be modded- need some help
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2014 à 10:15:00 »

You should NEVER use a xeBuild GUI version with additional numbers like that, they're unofficial and may lead to more problems...

There's no need to update it really, it should work as-is with all games...

For more information about LiNK the alternative to xbox live for online play i recommend checking on www.realmodscene.com also, LiNK only works with system link games...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

bluboy

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
Re: Bought an Xbox 360 that turned out to be modded- need some help
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2014 à 15:03:17 »

Then it's good I listen to my gut on updating if the build is unofficial. I found it on here

http://www.thetechgame.com/Forums/t=6919778/full-release-17150-xebuild-gui-dashlaunch-updated.html

I had seen that the latest xbox update in sept was 17150 and this xebuild said it supported the 17150 kernel. I'll wait till the official build is released

Thanks for the input. I'm sure I'll need a lot of help navigating this modding stuff :)

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!
Pages: [1]   Go to Top
emails