Homebrew-Connection.org

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Custom Boot Animation for Jtag/RGH  (Read 52018 times)

FlyingPoo

Re: Custom Boot Animation for Jtag/RGH
« Reply #15 on: 26 October 2012 à 20:45:01 »

Video added and also a the normal GC startup ;)
Your my new best internet friend! Love the site too! What did ya use to convert it? All I can find is WMV7 and/or 8 converters. AVS and Premiere kept popping out file read errors. I have the WMV9VCM installed but not Quicktime and I think that might be part of the problem.

Razkar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 October 2012 à 20:51:12 »

Hehe np =)
i used AVS

FlyingPoo

« Reply #17 on: 26 October 2012 à 20:58:14 »

looks like i may need to just update my AVS copy :-/ Im over here at 5.2.

jonblu

• HC Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 October 2012 à 15:09:14 »

paintball fx:
Show content
XBOX 360 Logo : Paintball FX : Made by 360Movie

« Last Edit: 27 October 2012 à 15:19:29 by Dr.Gonzo »

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 October 2012 à 16:28:38 »

paintball fx:
Show content
XBOX 360 Logo : Paintball FX : Made by 360Movie

Added to the list :)
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

mvmiranda

« Reply #20 on: 28 October 2012 à 19:37:43 »

Hello,

First, awesome post!
Now, I cannot get "Umbrella OS" fake animation to work on my Gears 3 RGH.
If I unzip the fakeanim folder, which comes with 4 other animations (evil laugh, RMS logo, Fall 2010 Xbox logo and original new xbox logo) it boots one randomly normally. Then I change the delay to 5 (calibration is still 1) and no red screen appears. If I put the Unbrella boot animation and power on it does nothing and, apparently, no other animation works again after that file is on the folder unless I remove the entire fakeanim folder and extract it again...

Did anyone get Unbrella to work properly?

PS: I noticed as well that the Youtube version of the Unbrella has sound but the package I downloaded from here (the WMV video) does not... Is this right?

Thanks!

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2012 à 20:33:58 »

Hello,

First, awesome post!
Now, I cannot get "Umbrella OS" fake animation to work on my Gears 3 RGH.
If I unzip the fakeanim folder, which comes with 4 other animations (evil laugh, RMS logo, Fall 2010 Xbox logo and original new xbox logo) it boots one randomly normally. Then I change the delay to 5 (calibration is still 1) and no red screen appears. If I put the Unbrella boot animation and power on it does nothing and, apparently, no other animation works again after that file is on the folder unless I remove the entire fakeanim folder and extract it again...

Did anyone get Unbrella to work properly?

PS: I noticed as well that the Youtube version of the Unbrella has sound but the package I downloaded from here (the WMV video) does not... Is this right?

Thanks!

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/dashboards/Boot_Animation/dl_RE_Umbrella_withsound.rar <--- try this one, the video in previously uploaded package seems broken, this one i downloaded from the youtube video and converted just now, i checked that the sounds are there... if this one don't work etheir i don't know what's up, try using higher delay value
Be sure to follow the Rules and if you need it, follow this guide for the BB Codes Search before posting new topics!

mvmiranda

« Reply #22 on: 29 October 2012 à 11:31:27 »

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/dashboards/Boot_Animation/dl_RE_Umbrella_withsound.rar <--- try this one, the video in previously uploaded package seems broken, this one i downloaded from the youtube video and converted just now, i checked that the sounds are there... if this one don't work etheir i don't know what's up, try using higher delay value

Thx Swizzy!
Btw, have you tried this one in your box?
Another quick question, what SW are you using to convert this? AVS?

Thx again!

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 October 2012 à 11:35:56 »

Thx Swizzy!
Btw, have you tried this one in your box?
Another quick question, what SW are you using to convert this? AVS?

Thx again!

Nope, i didn't test it on my box, just checked on my computer, the one that was uploaded before didn't have sound on my computer etheir, the newly converted one did have sound...

Yes, i use AVS to convert it... to download it from youtube i use a chrome plugin, there are plugins for Firefox the does the same thing =)

mvmiranda

« Reply #24 on: 29 October 2012 à 13:22:48 »

Nope, i didn't test it on my box, just checked on my computer, the one that was uploaded before didn't have sound on my computer etheir, the newly converted one did have sound...

Yes, i use AVS to convert it... to download it from youtube i use a chrome plugin, there are plugins for Firefox the does the same thing =)

You got it...
I'm gonna try that and report back...

Thanks a lot, "sir"! :)

mvmiranda

« Reply #25 on: 29 October 2012 à 14:18:45 »

You got it...
I'm gonna try that and report back...

Thanks a lot, "sir"! :)

Unfortunately the animation doesn't work... I tried myself to download the HD version of the Unbrella video and convert it using AVS, just as depicted in the picture some post above, but the screen gets always black.

I tried increasing the delay up to 23 with no luck. I left the RMS logo animation and it plays but when the ramdom thing picks some of my videos (SD you uploaded or HD I created) the screen is black.

Just for the sake of sanity, I tried the second one I loved (Paintball Xbox logo) and it still black for me... What the heck is happening, and I wonder what could be wrong...

Thanks!

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 October 2012 à 14:30:54 »

Unfortunately the animation doesn't work... I tried myself to download the HD version of the Unbrella video and convert it using AVS, just as depicted in the picture some post above, but the screen gets always black.

I tried increasing the delay up to 23 with no luck. I left the RMS logo animation and it plays but when the ramdom thing picks some of my videos (SD you uploaded or HD I created) the screen is black.

Just for the sake of sanity, I tried the second one I loved (Paintball Xbox logo) and it still black for me... What the heck is happening, and I wonder what could be wrong...

Thanks!

When i get home from work i'll test them out and see what's wrong, it should work...

mvmiranda

« Reply #27 on: 29 October 2012 à 14:37:33 »

When i get home from work i'll test them out and see what's wrong, it should work...

Thx Swizzy! I appreciate that.

mvmiranda

« Reply #28 on: 29 October 2012 à 17:31:30 »

I'm a stubborn guy and I've tried many different combinations in AVS with no success... I downloaded GSpot Codec Information, opened an animation that worked and it's, apparently, the same as the one I generated with AVS (WMV3 codec/WMP v9 (VC-1 Simple/Main) and WMA v2/Windows Media Audio 9.2) but still nothing. I put two videos inside the jukebox folder, one I know it works the the other animation I created. When it randomly picks mine just a black screen, if it picks the other, the animation goes perfect.

I'm starting to thing AVS is not converting the video the way the Xbox wants it... Maybe it's something unders the AVS codec guts, or something like this.

Does anyone else use a different converter that converts to WMV and has proof it works? :)

PS: Swizzy, man, I still need your wise tests results.

Thanks!

Swizzy

• I'm Swizzy, you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 October 2012 à 21:23:43 »

Doesn't work for me etheir atm, i'll try to find a better converter that actually works, using Windows Live Movie Maker isn't an option, it strips away sound, altought the video works the sound don't xD i'll figure this out and re-upload the videos i've converted ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go to Top